This is likely the simplest recipe I will share.
It’s my go-to when I’m too tired to cook, but want something comforting and tasty.
Spaghetti is also one of my favourite dishes!
This one is completely vegan (sans parm), too.
½ Package of spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
PC Marinara Pasta Sauce
1 Small Zucchini
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut zucchini into small pieces, about 1” thick
2. Fast-fry zucchini on medium heat in coconut oil until browned on both sides
3. Boil water with salt for pasta
4. Put sauce and zucchini in small pot on low
5. Heat pasta sauce and zucchini gradually
6. Cook spaghetti per package directions
7. Take one small ladle-full of pasta water and add to sauce once pasta is cooked, stir
8. Drain pasta, serve with sauce on top and parmesan cheese
Sometimes I make garlic bread and salad as easy appetizers.
For garlic bread I use butter (or margarine) with garlic powder and parmesan cheese, toast in toaster oven until warm.
Beefless ground can be fried ahead of time and added for a bolognese-style pasta recipe.
Sometimes I add-in spinach to the sauce about a minute before it’s done cooking for some added veggies.
Peppers work well instead of (or with!) zucchini.
One time I heard a chef say that pasta water should be “salty like the sea,” and it has changed the way my pasta turns out, but try less and gradually build to suit.
President’s Choice Marinara sauce is flavorful, homemade-tasting and doesn’t have that icky “canned” or processed taste.
© 2019 KayNotto
All Rights Reserved